“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
Hi! If you’ve arrived to this page, it’s most likely you are recently engaged and are in the early stages of planning your wedding day. Which can be both very exciting and a bit overwhelming at the same time, right? But first, let me say “Congratulations!”
You’ll find a few Frequently Asked Questions outlined below. I hope this helps you plan for the wedding day and the photographer you hire, me or anyone else.
- How long have you been shooting weddings? I’ve been shooting weddings for over ten years now (with over 100 weddings captured); long enough to know the challenges of the profession and the demands of the job. Yet I still love it!
- Where are you located? I live in sunny Long Beach, California (by way of rainy Seattle, Washington) but shoot all over Southern California.
- Do you travel? YES! I have a bit of an obsession with traveling and there is no destination too far. I might add that I also speak Spanish fluently, having lived in Mexico, Spain, and traveled to Peru, Costa Rica, and Puerto Rico.
- What’s your style? I love being a fly on the wall and capturing all the emotions and moments as they unfold. But I also get very excited to shoot stunning portraits in beautiful light. I’m very laid back and can easily adapt to the spirit or personality of your wedding party and guests.
- Do you have Backup Equipment? Most definitely yes. I always bring back-up cameras, lenses, and lighting equipment to every wedding (not to mention I have my talented second shooter and their equipment as well).
- How soon will we see the images? You will get a preview within one week of your wedding on my blog and typically shared on Instagram and/or Facebook as well. The full galleries are soon to follow within 6-8 weeks of your wedding date.
- Can we print our own images? I always include a print release in your wedding contract so you are able to print at the vendor of your choice. I just strongly encourage my couples to choose carefully as some retail printers are not that great. Feel free to ask me for suggestions or you can always order professional prints from your online gallery.
- Does our online wedding gallery expire? Nope. As long as I’m still kickin’ and a wedding photographer, you have a back-up and access to your wedding photos to view, share, or order online year after year.
- Do you offer engagement sessions? Yes, and I feel that is one of the most important parts of planning for a stressfree wedding day. It allows us to get to know one another in front of and behind the camera. I promise you’ll feel so much more at ease on your wedding day after shooting your engagement session.
- Can we make changes to the Collections? Yes! All collections may be modified or customized to best meet your needs.
- Can you work with our budget? If your wedding is less than six months away and I am not already booked, I am happy to see if I can accommodate your budget. Just shoot me an email and let’s see if we can make it work. It never hurts to ask, right?
- Anything else? It’s important for you to know that your digital images are backed-up and secured in no less than three places within 24 hours of your wedding day (both on and off site and “in the cloud”). That’s not something you might think to ask of your wedding photographer, but could potentially be the most important one to know.
- Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete my contact form to meet and chat in person about your awesome wedding day.
The following products & services are available a la carte to build your custom Wedding Collection…
- A la carte weddings may be priced hourly for $450 p/hour for primary shooter, online gallery of edited images, and hi-res digital images and download with print release.
- Additional Shooter $50 p/hour
- Engagement Session $450
- Bridal Boudoir Session $750 includes a Little Black Book to gift the groom
- Custom designed Signature lay-flat linen books
- Custom designed Signature lay-flat leather albums
- Parent/Gift Albums
- Custom Guest Books
- Wall Art Canvas Wraps
- Keepsake Box
- Archival Prints
- Day After Session (aka “Trash the Dress”)
There is no better honor than being able to capture your most treasured wedding memories for you and your family.