I recently left the classroom as a high school Photography, New Media, and Spanish teacher for the past 18-years. I love teaching and helping people and would like to continue to do so…just in a different capacity. Which is why I am so excited to share with you that I will be offering one-on-one personalized photography lessons to aspiring or hobby photographers locally here in Long Beach (I’m also available to travel for an additional fee).
“A camera didn’t make a great picture
anymore than a typewriter wrote a great novel.”
No matter the price or how nice of a camera you purchase, the outcome of your images is dependent upon your understanding and use of light, the camera settings, and a few simple composition rules. The photographer is the one to make the picture, not the camera.
Are you or someone you know struggling to learn the mechanics of your DSLR camera?
Are you frustrated with the quality of the images you’re shooting with your DSLR camera?
Do you wish you could just sit down and ask someone personally how your camera works?
Are you uncertain how to change your settings for different desired results?
Would you like to learn how to use natural and available light to enhance your images?
Do you shoot on Auto mode?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any one of those questions, let me be your own personal photography teacher. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your private lesson.
- Lessons will take place in my home studio in Long Beach or local café on a mutually decided date and time
- Lessons will be customized and personalized to each student (an intake survey will be completed by student prior to lesson day)
- Hands on practice and demonstrations
- Follow up phone/skype call
- Facebook Group Page for all students to ask questions of the teacher and/or share photos beyond day of lesson
- Cheat sheets to take home with suggested practice activities
Potential Topics Covered:
- Learning your camera – menus, modes, buttons, & dials
- Learn the lingo – Aperture, Shutter, ISO, etc.
- Mastering manual mode
- Prime v. zoom lens (what the numbers mean)
- Composition Rules
- Natural Lighting
- Location scouting
- Editing in Lightroom and/or Photoshop
- Organizing and protecting digital images
- Ask me anything…I’m here to help!
- First hour lesson – $75
- $50 for each additional hour
- Full day + on location shoot available
*Gift Certificates can be provided upon request.